Feel Good Flavors is currently in network with Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS), Anthem, Regence, Aetna, Cigna, and United Healthcare (UHC).
To ensure your insurance plan offers benefits for nutrition sessions, we require calling the number on your insurance card. Please ask the following questions:
- Is Lindsay Schwartz, RD (NPI 1962006320) considered an in network provider?
- Do I have coverage for nutrition consultations with CPT codes 97802 and 97803?
- Is the ICD-10 code Z71.3 covered?
- If not, you can consider asking about the following diagnosis codes if they are applicable to you:
F50.01: Anorexia, restricting type
F50.89: OSFED (atypical eating disorder)
F50.81: Binge eating disorder
Z82.49: Family history of heart disease
Z83.3 Family history of diabetes
- How many sessions are covered per year?
- Do I have a co-pay for nutrition sessions?
- Request a reference number for the call and write down the name of the representative you spoke with.
Write down the answers to these questions and email to Lindsay@FeelGoodFlavors.com
What can I expect to get covered?
Blue Cross Blue Shield: Typically BCBS plans cover unlimited nutrition sessions! The exception to this is Wellmark for Iowa residents. In my experience, BCBS does not usually require a specific diagnosis code.
Aetna: Aetna typically requires a specific diagnosis code such as an eating disorder diagnosis code. If you have a diagnosis code from your doctor or therapist, you may be eligible for unlimited session coverage depending on your plan. Be sure to call to verify! I am not in network with Banner Aetna.
United Healthcare: I am new to being in network with UHC so I will be updating this with experience. Please be sure to call to verify benefits. 🙂